Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake (Choices)

While I love drooling over incredibly beautiful wedding cakes, I realized pretty quickly that I can not afford one of my dream cakes. I also knew that I wanted to figure out some way to incorporate my real life into my wedding cake. With the realistic guidelines of the cake being delicious, relatively inexpensive, and somehow related to our lives, here are the two options that quickly became my top choices:

Red Velvet Cake from Bake Dessert Co


Source

I was introduced to this cake by my incredible boss, who after learning that I love it has fed it to me quite often. Seriously, this cake is amazingly delicious. I’m drooling just thinking about it now. After pricing it out at about $500 for 100 people, I figured this wasn’t completely out of reach price wise.

Carrot Cake from Mangiacake

(I couldn't find a picture of it so you'll have to use your imagination!)

Mangiacake is this lovely little panini shop in Toronto that I love and eat at frequently. They also happen to have world’s yummiest carrot cake. I really like this option because Mangiacake is somewhere we’re at all the time and it isn’t a part of the regular wedding industry. I haven’t yet priced this option, but I suspect it will be very reasonable.

I figure either of these cakes could be three tiered round cakes with ribbons. I think I'll just have to save my love of cameos, Jasperware, and charms for something else in the wedding! Anyway, these are my top two choices at the moment. Mr. Knitting loves both of them, so now we just have to pick…

No comments:

Post a Comment