Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Very Own Pretty Pretty Princesses!

I knew who my flower girls were going to be long before my wedding. I realize that people generally people generally expect flower girls to look like this:


Source


Source


Source

However, mine will actually be looking a bit different, at least in terms of size anyway. I'm having grown up flower girls. 22 year old flower girls actually. Here they are:



My baby sister (who is 22) always wanted to be a flower girl when she was an appropriate age to be a flower girl, but never got the chance. Thus, when it became apparent that the Mr. and I planned to eventually get married my sister and I decided that she would finally get the chance to be an FG. We also decided it would be even more fun if my sister's friend who is basically like a 2nd baby sister to me became her assistant flower girl.

They're both a bit zany and lots of fun, so we're going to have a good time dressing them. We're currently aiming for a hint of magical woodland creatures. This picture below is actually a pretty good representation of their personalities, so you can see I'm expecting them to be quite exciting flower girls.


I haven't really put too much time into thinking what they'll wear yet. Actually, that's a lie. We've come up with tons of ridiculous ideas (strawberry headress and a watering can anyone?), but nothing that we would actually follow through with. I realize it's highly unusual to have grown up flower girls, and while I do want them to look a bit whimsical, I don't want it to come across as a huge joke.

That being said, it's entirely possible wings will be making an appearance...


Source

What's your favourite flower girl accessory?

No comments:

Post a Comment