Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Veil Shopping

Finding my veil was a pretty relaxed process. While I didn't actually go Veil Shopping (that's right capital letters), there are a few places I dropped by every so often to see if they had anything suitable.

The List:

Joy's Theatricals
I love this place. The owner (Joy) is a former costume designer and she sells and rents evening wear as well as custom designs wedding dresses. I didn't actually learn about her until after I found my dress, otherwise I definitely would have been interested in working with her. She also does custom designed veils so if I don't end up finding what I want anywhere else, this is where I'll be looking.

One of Joy's lovely dresses:


Source

Blue Banana Market
This is a fantastic store in Kensington Market that sells items by various sellers. One of the vendors, Le Petit Chapeau, makes these gorgeous and pretty affordable hats and birdcage veils so I've definitely been keeping an eye out there.

If I was having a city hall wedding I would be all over this beauty from Le Petit Chapeau. Perhaps I'll need to work this into my rehearsal dinner outfit...


Source

St. Lawrence Market Antique Market
As many of you know from this post, I am totally in love with this market and will of course be looking for a veil here.

So it's not the nicest market building, but it's full of gems:


Source

Stella Luna
Okay, I haven't actually been keeping an eye out here as I have never actually been, but I definitely plan to go. Stella Luna is a vintage store I keep hearing the most amazing things about (like being able to very occasionally find a $40 Kelly bag), but I never actually manage to get there. Perhaps the hunt for the perfect veil will motivate me!


Source

As you can see, the one place I'm not looking is a traditional bridal boutique or salon. I'm hoping to completely avoid having to buy my veil at a place like that. I'd really like to find something suitable at one of the slightly offbeat and very local places listed above. I love being able to support Toronto businesses!

What slightly unusual places did you go looking for a veil?

No comments:

Post a Comment