Monday, April 5, 2010

Winter Wedding Inspiration...and a Lot of Lemonade

I love looking for wedding inspiration on the Internet. Unfortunately, a lot of the details I've fallen completely in love with (serving raspberry mint lemonade in mason jars) aren't really suitable for a winter wedding. However, because I'm currently so in love with these summery drinks we will take a slight detour from the theme of this post to drool over these photos...







Above photos all from Style Me Pretty

Gorgeous right? Anyway, newfound lemonade obsession aside, I'm always thrilled when I come across some really lovely winter wedding inspiration. So for all you other winter brides out there, I've provided a link to the first blog entry I came across that made me really really excited about having a winter wedding.

Staying Warm at Winter Weddings by Beth Helmstetter

Basically her top five tips are (these are highly paraphrased):
1) Greeting guest with a hot drink
2) Having candles everywhere
3) Have a fireplace
4) Winter themed favours
5) Having a hot chocolate bar

I think I'm likely to include at least three of these ideas. You'll have to stay tuned to find out which ones...

Anyway, while I was particularly inspired by this post, I in general love pretty much everything Beth Helmstetter does and I love reading her blog. I especially love the fact that while she's truly a lady and a complete girly-girl, she's also an awesome business woman. Anyway, that's enough gushing for now, and just for fun here's a few more of my favourite Beth Helmstetter posts.

Top 10 Trends for 2010 at Beth Helmstetter Events

In the Press: Inside Weddings

Winter Wedding Cocktails

What are your favourite winter wedding tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment