Friday, April 16, 2010

Let Them Eat (vegan) Cake (and bars, and cupcakes, and pie, and cookies...)

Okay, we had left off with me planning to purchase a wedding cake and make a vegan dessert. New Plan. As I kept going through images for more cake inspiration I began to realize that the images I was most drawn to weren't actually wedding cakes, but rather wedding dessert buffets.

Here's a few examples:


Source


Source


Source


Source


Source


Source


Source


Source

Now instead of buying anything I'm going to ask a few family and friends to bake a dessert for the wedding. I love this plan. A lot. It's more personal to us as a couple, it involves our guests, it's cost effective, and it's so much fun.

One of my favourite dessert inspirations came from Style Me Pretty and because I love it so much it is getting a bit of extra personalized attention:


Source


Source


Source

That's right, it's a DIY cupcake bar!!! I am a big cupcake person. I know they're a bit over exposed these days, but I don't care. I still love them.

A DIY cupcake bar will definitely be making an appearance at the wedding. I've put my baby sister in charge of it and over the next 8 months she's going to work her way through this book and we're going to pick the three best cupcake and icing flavours. I'm so excited! I'll keep you updated on the cupcake trials.

I know I'm not the first person to do away with a wedding cake. What other dessert options have you tried?

No comments:

Post a Comment