Sunday, April 4, 2010

Favourite Things: Silhouettes

So I've decided that for fun Sundays will be all about my favourite things. These things may or may not end up having anything to do with my wedding. We'll see.

Anyway, I was at the St. Lawrence Market Antique Market today and I found a new silhouette picture. I am currently completely in love with silhouettes. I'm in the process of collecting a group of silhouette pictures to display on my wall all together. With today's find that brings my grand total up to...3 pictures! I still have a ways to go unfortunately.

Here's a look at my rather limited collection (both photos by me):




That's the new one I bought today. It's hand painted on wood and it's from the 1930s or 40s. I'm quite in love!

Anyway, just for fun I've included a bit more silhouette inspiration below for any of you who are equally loving silhouettes right now.


Style Me Pretty


Style Me Pretty


Alexandra Hedin


Style Me Pretty


Style Me Pretty


Style Me Pretty


Style Me Pretty

I really like the women's washroom sign. That might be a fun way to work silhouettes into our wedding. Although, honestly, I'd probably be the only person who would notice!

Do you have a great way of working silhouettes into a wedding? What are some of your favourite things?

No comments:

Post a Comment